Tuesday, June 12, 2012


"The London Job"

By Brent Spencer




June 9th, 2012

July 29th update: This was for the opening for the 2012 Olympics and was very hush-hush.  I am very proud to have been part of a bit of history.

A month of planning and designing for a job I have never attempted before, mounting three Red Epic's on a single Perfect Horizon.  And it all worked perfectly.
 
Not knowing exactly what the project was and being involved with the design of the camera plate, I knew that this was going to be very unique and important job and with the location being London, England it added a bit of intrigue to the mission.  My boss, David Grober flew me over to assist our European Perfect Horizon tech. Brian Uranovsky in this opportunity to show our stuff.  I flew with my own Perfect Horizon and MPM's new control box to make sure that I could provide all the assets I could to get the job done.
Working with Knife edge in London was great and the crew was terrific.  We mounted three Red Epic's to a special plate designed by William H.W. Read, DOP and manufactured by Ronford-Baker in London.  William used 10mm Prime lens with fish eye adaptors for a full wrap around view.


Lucy Ross - Production Manager, Aaron Trinder-Director, and William Read- DOP were happy with the results they witnessed at the beginning of the shoot and it only got better as the sky turned blue for us and this was the only day int did not rain during my week in the U.K..
Another successful shoot with such a unique mounting option.  I love my job!






No comments:

Post a Comment